Saturday, August 24, 2013

Working Hard but Playing Harder

Greetings fellow friends and family!

We have some good news, and some bad news. I guess the bad news is really only relatable to me, but still needs to be talked about. First, good news. Ian started work as an official pharmacist! (hurray for income) He started at Walgreens last week and was finally able to get behind the counter and stop the free labor he was handing out.
This totally deserved a "first day of work" photo....



I spent my week with "the Kid" aka Franklin. So between the pool of urine in the middle of our bed (we believe this to be medicine related since it has NEVER happened before), or the chewed up floor board....


To which I think I did a surprisingly good job of disguising it.... (please bless we will get our deposit back.)


We went for walks at a near by park. Oh, and let me just tell you about this park.... it's pretty much amazing. It is 86 acres...  yeah, you heard me right. 86 freaking acres. It has a zoo, art museum, discovery center, pond, rose garden, river, and a greenbelt that runs along it. I probably didn't even mention everything it has. It. Is. Awesome. Frank and I decided to check it out.


Oh, and did I mention we live in a freaking Nicholas Sparks movie?! AM I RIGHT?!




We also got to check out the Western Idaho State Fair. It was not near as big as we expected....It was pretty much a glorified Riverton Town Days (For those of you who have ever been.)
But regardless of its size, it was a lot of fun. People watching at its best...(which should be made into a national sport). Oh, and don't worry, we totally got to see someone get shut down. I don't know what it is about me and Ian getting to witness the most bizarre and awkward situations ever, but we feel it is a blessing. (Ask us about the gay fight we watched once. They could definitely Z-snap with the best of them.)

 We were listening to a country band perform when this guy gets up and proposes to his girlfriend who was in the crowd. No joke, not saying a word, she gets up and walks away! His response to the crowd, "Maybe next time...Sorry for the awkward situation."
Thank you dysfunctional relationship guy, thank you. 

And of course, a fair isn't a fair if we leave out all the amazing deep fried, heart attack inducing, grease dripping food. Holla!







We also found this really awesome BBQ joint in Boise called Mickey Rays. You drink out of Mason jars, so you know it's good. If anyone comes up to visit, we will definitely be taking you there. Guaranteed it will melt in your mouth, which sounds gross because it's meat, but you get the idea.




So I guess that since I am all out of fun stuff to talk about, I have to tell you the bad news...




This means Ian will not be around mentally 90% of the time until February.... 
Yes, I know, "whoa is me." But hey now, I like football as much as the next girl, but come on, a girl needs some hubby time too! Ian is slowly working me into becoming a hardcore football fan (U of U to be exact.)  I am getting there, but I'd still prefer a day up the canyon than an afternoon at a football game. Slowly but surely, slowly but surely. 

Ian is determined to dress me up in as much red as possible. I keep trying to remind him we are in enemy territory! We have no idea how crazy these Boise State fans can get! He isn't convinced. Let's just say he will be cleaning the eggs out of my hair IF and WHEN it happens....
But until then, thanks to Ian's mom, we are representing.....


(Thanks Marilyn!)

Speaking of Mark and Marilyn, they will be coming up for a visit this next weekend! Woo hoo! Have I told you how much we love visitors!? If not, let me just tell you... WE LOVE VISITORS!
Until we see you, we love you all! We will be making a trip down to Utah probably a few times in October. Please make it a point to get together with us! Again we love you all! 

"Faith is a bluebird, we see from far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star, you can't touch it, or buy it, or wrap it up tight, but it's there just the same, making things turn out right."
-Rufus the Cat from "The Rescuers"





No comments:

Post a Comment